Today, I want to talk about the mini-journey I recently went on to revamp my personal brand. I teamed up with Lisa Kay Creative Photography to give me a brand revamp.
Welp, we welcomed Autumn here in Chicago this weekend, even though it does not feel like it. I am sitting here wishing I could wear all the great fall outfits I have ready for you all! I wanted to highlight by far, my favorite pants that will carry me beyond fall. I got them at the Gap, and all I can think about now is how I want to order them in every single color. Nonetheless, here is my outfit and my weekend roundup:
I’m trying something new this week. I decided I wanted my readers to know EXACTLY when and where to shop for their favorite styles of clothing and even home decor. With all the madness of New York Fashion Week 2017, I know this tends to be missed.
This upcoming weekend is my birthday. Normally, I go out to a bar, but last year I ended up getting sick and so to offset that phobia I have from last year, I thought I would just take things as they come. Also, with my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, he said he has a surprise planned for me. He’s usually really good with surprises so I will leave this one up to him!
My birthday always falls during fashion week. It has been my dream to attend the shows for years. As of right now, I have too much going on to even think about going. Alas, it is my goal to make it to NW Fashion Week 2018. So, hopefully, you guys can help me make it there by reading my blog more! ;P
My Top Three Best Buys
Ann Taylor – Use “FRIENDS40′ at checkout for 40% off!
This velvet flutter sleeve top is a great buy. I am starting to see a lot of velvet tops pop up at multiple stores. I can already tell this is going to be a huge hit during the holiday season. What I love about this top is that you can dress it any way you want: whether that is for the office, a casual lunch, or a nice after-work happy hour. I love transitional clothing pieces like this. And it reminds me of the trend in the 90’s. This top is conveniently priced at $69.50, but use the code, FRIENDS40 at checkout, and you can get this top at 40% off, which is a great deal in my book.
Nine West – Up to 40% off select items
The Savitra pointed toe booties are very on trend right now and have some of the best reviews. They are black with a metallic block heel. These booties would be great with a pair of jeans or even a leather skirt and a leather jacket, or perhaps even the coat, below. They also come in a bunch of great patterns and colors! With the 40% off of $119, taken off in the cart, they are extremely affordable.
Lord & Taylor – Up to 30% Off
This belted trench coat, by Calvin Klein is super classic and chic this year. I especially love that it comes in black, and I love the buttons on this one. Calvin Klein is one of my favorites for coats, and have some great quality. I could see myself wearing this everywhere, from going grocery shopping (how fun lol) to a night out downtown with a pair of cute boots and jeans. Plus, this one is a great buy, marked down from $220 to $132.
Well, there you have it. I will be gawking over the beautiful Fashion Week shots this weekend, NBD. MAYBE I will be there next year? Shop the post below, and check out some of these other sale items, below:
Let’s talk about stress. It’s something that I tend to carry. We all want to appear to be all cool calm and collected, don’t we? Well, it is something I am working on maintaining. In my field of work, stress happens. I am sure it happens in your career too.
Lately, I have been working on breathing exercises, journaling, and meditation to help me control my stress levels. It not only helps me control my stress but also my anxiety, which I have pretty much had since I was born (thank you genes). When I get bad news or have a stressful day working, I pause and reflect. I do not want to react (if you read this book, you know what I am talking about).
Gathered Pleat Front Tee
Part of my M.O. is finding fashion that is comfortable and will not stress me out; we all know what I am talking about. If I am wearing heels that KILL me or jeans that SQUEEZE me, I am going to feel restricted and not myself. Finding comfortable and fashionable clothing is what I am all about, and this top is no exception. This white top is affordable, soft, and trendy at the same time. It is not your traditional plain white T but can go from casual to dressed up with some pants and heels in a moment. In fact, I can even wear it around town with shorts and sandals just as easily and STILL get compliments on this.
Best of all, it is still available in many colors even after the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop the post below to style it the way you want to!
If you saw my last Instagram post, you will know that I’ve had sort of a draining week. And, because I work from home (an environment I normally thrive in), this means I have to keep my week as productive as possible. I decided to do my research, ask everyone, and compile a list of things that will help me, and hopefully, help you in the future.
Winding down my faves from the sale this week, and a couple of tops I’ve shot so far have SOLD OUT! Crazy. The bad news is, I wish I could share, but I would have nothing to link them to. So, I decided to dig back into the sale and find you some serious steals under $50.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Under $50 Shopping Guide
When I was in college, I was definitely on the struggle bus to find affordable fashion, and the Nordstrom Anniversary sale definitely saved my life when it was time to go back to school. I figure some of you may be in college or out of college and looking to save money so take a look at what I have on my list and shop the post below!
Just about ONE WEEK to go with the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, AKA my favorite time of the year! I came up with a list of my top picks for everyone to use as a shopping guide. Everything in this can come together to make the most kick-@$$ outfits you will wear this fall.
My Top Ten Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Women’s Picks
- First up, this top is effortlessly chic while still being casual, which makes it a win in my book. I am in absolute awe of this one. It is one of those pieces that can go from normal, every day to night time in no time. Pair it with either pair of denim and a cardigan over it, and you have yourself a fall staple outfit. Also, those Sam Edelman boots kick it up a notch to make it one sexy outfit.
- This convertible Rebecca Minkoff is enough said. This bag is #goals. I can just imagine stuffing way more than I will ever need in this bag, and it lasts for decades because it is timeless and perfect.
- This cardigan is called the “cozy-chic” cardigan for a reason. Another great reason to buy it. I will probably live in this cardigan for the rest of my life #thankyouverymuch. The blue color is perfect too because pretty much 80% of things I wear on a day-to-day basis are blue.
- I’ll be ordering these booties in every color. They are so affordable and look so comfortable that you can wear them pretty much every day and not get sick of them. This is good because they are well worth every penny.
- These jeans are much like my wine colored Kut From the Kloth jeans, and also very affordable as well. I will be ordering these because I am due for a new pair of chic blue jeans, and if they are as comfortable as these ones, then sign me up!
- I added this wool coat because I am in the market for a camel color coat that can be dressed up and down. And also, this one comes in petite, which is a score, because I almost always end up in petite-size coats. It is not easy finding one for me, so I am so thankful it is available in petite.
- Ummm, how sexy are these boots? I already have a pair of Sam Edelman boots, but I’m needing a black pair and something tells me these are going to be a show-stopper. They are also less than $160 which makes them pretty much amazing in my book. Hopefully, you will be seeing me in these very, VERY shortly.
- I have seen pretty much everyone in this sweater with the ribbon, and I still want it bad. I am a sucker for ribbons, and pretty much live in my sweaters in the winter, so I know I will make good use out of this one. Sign me up!
- Kendra Scott is just so iconic, and I know I will be wearing this inexpensive necklace with pretty much everything. You really cannot beat that price tag, either!
- I have been DYING to pick up a pair of boot cut jeans for a while now. Especially since they are coming back, I am on board with the trend. Not gonna lie, I am kind of over skinny jeans. Boot cut is definitely more flattering!
Shop The Looks
Well, there you have it. This should be your ultimate shopping guide for the rest of the sale. I am hoping soon they will restock some of the other ones I have been wearing, but for now, I hope this settles your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale cravings. I know it settles mine!
At long last, I get to share my Nordstrom Anniversary sale finds! My site was down for a few days, so this comes right on time. Between work and family obligations, I am finally able to round up my hits and misses. I ended up with more than I expected, so I’ll be breaking these posts up into 2-3 so I can highlight just what I loved, and what I did not love so much.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
So, first off, I am a Nordstrom addict. I have been since I was in grade school. I have been shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale since I was in high school. Then, my mom had the card and I would beg her to take me so I could get the right back-to-school clothes. Now, I find myself spending my summer paycheck on this HUGE sale. The sale is not one to be missed. I noticed all the more popular bloggers getting their picks in as soon as early access went up, and I really commend them for doing that because I was able to get a preview hours before I went shopping. And you bet that I went the day Early Access started.
What is “Early Access” at Nordstrom?
Early Access is a special pre-preview for Nordstrom cardholders only. It makes cardholders feel extra special getting to buy the fresh picks before they go out of stock and have to re-stock before it is open to the public. Each price tag shows you the sale price and the price the item will be after the sale so you do not miss a deal.
I’m not going to lie, I was a little disappointed in this year’s sale for a couple of reasons: For one, they usually have the Early Access portion of each department tented up. This year they only had yellow guard tape (I’m not even sure that is what you call it), so you could easily get confused by what was included in the sale or not.
Another, I just was not so in love with this year’s fall picks. Yes, I did find more than I thought I would. But I am a full believer in quality and some of these labels are using some pretty cheap feeling fabrics that I probably would not be the most comfortable in. Along with that, I thought the shoe department was a bit sparse this year, and I found it hard to find a good shoe even under $80 (we’ll get to the shoes later) I decided to go with only the BEST quality and price combo I could find. So, here we go:
Let’s start with my let-down. It was this top. The problem with it was the fabric: You would not believe that I steamed this top out two times before shooting it. It wrinkles SO easily. It was so soft, being 100% rayon, but such a letdown. I purchased it because I liked the style, price at $45 and it was something new for me, but I was weary about this and I was right. I have a petite upper-body, but the fit was way off. The straps continuously fell and yet the bottom was gappy. It may work for some with bigger shoulders, but not for me, as disappointing as that may seem.
These pants. Oh-My-Gosh are they excellent! They fit great, and they feel great. I knew that Kut From the Kloth was a great brand, but they had my favorite deal. They only cost $52.90, which I believe is a steal because of how casual to dressy these jeans (even though they do not feel like jeans) can go. I found myself not wanting to instinctively run to put on my yoga pants right after I got home because I normally hate jeans that much. These are the exception.
This is piece 1 of 2 from the brand, that I bought from the sale (I’ll be highlighting the other piece in part II). They also come in a green color, I may just have to go back and get. For now, I love this wine color. It fits my personality and it fits my fall color wardrobe so perfectly. I am in between sizes right now, but I really suggest a size up for extra comfort.
I cannot wait to share what else I bought from my favorite sale of the year!