Welp, we welcomed Autumn here in Chicago this weekend, even though it does not feel like it. I am sitting here wishing I could wear all the great fall outfits I have ready for you all! I wanted to highlight by far, my favorite pants that will carry me beyond fall. I got them at the Gap, and all I can think about now is how I want to order them in every single color. Nonetheless, here is my outfit and my weekend roundup:
I’m trying something new this week. I decided I wanted my readers to know EXACTLY when and where to shop for their favorite styles of clothing and even home decor. With all the madness of New York Fashion Week 2017, I know this tends to be missed.
This upcoming weekend is my birthday. Normally, I go out to a bar, but last year I ended up getting sick and so to offset that phobia I have from last year, I thought I would just take things as they come. Also, with my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, he said he has a surprise planned for me. He’s usually really good with surprises so I will leave this one up to him!
My birthday always falls during fashion week. It has been my dream to attend the shows for years. As of right now, I have too much going on to even think about going. Alas, it is my goal to make it to NW Fashion Week 2018. So, hopefully, you guys can help me make it there by reading my blog more! ;P
My Top Three Best Buys
Ann Taylor – Use “FRIENDS40′ at checkout for 40% off!
This velvet flutter sleeve top is a great buy. I am starting to see a lot of velvet tops pop up at multiple stores. I can already tell this is going to be a huge hit during the holiday season. What I love about this top is that you can dress it any way you want: whether that is for the office, a casual lunch, or a nice after-work happy hour. I love transitional clothing pieces like this. And it reminds me of the trend in the 90’s. This top is conveniently priced at $69.50, but use the code, FRIENDS40 at checkout, and you can get this top at 40% off, which is a great deal in my book.
Nine West – Up to 40% off select items
The Savitra pointed toe booties are very on trend right now and have some of the best reviews. They are black with a metallic block heel. These booties would be great with a pair of jeans or even a leather skirt and a leather jacket, or perhaps even the coat, below. They also come in a bunch of great patterns and colors! With the 40% off of $119, taken off in the cart, they are extremely affordable.
Lord & Taylor – Up to 30% Off
This belted trench coat, by Calvin Klein is super classic and chic this year. I especially love that it comes in black, and I love the buttons on this one. Calvin Klein is one of my favorites for coats, and have some great quality. I could see myself wearing this everywhere, from going grocery shopping (how fun lol) to a night out downtown with a pair of cute boots and jeans. Plus, this one is a great buy, marked down from $220 to $132.
Well, there you have it. I will be gawking over the beautiful Fashion Week shots this weekend, NBD. MAYBE I will be there next year? Shop the post below, and check out some of these other sale items, below:
Let’s talk about stress. It’s something that I tend to carry. We all want to appear to be all cool calm and collected, don’t we? Well, it is something I am working on maintaining. In my field of work, stress happens. I am sure it happens in your career too.
Lately, I have been working on breathing exercises, journaling, and meditation to help me control my stress levels. It not only helps me control my stress but also my anxiety, which I have pretty much had since I was born (thank you genes). When I get bad news or have a stressful day working, I pause and reflect. I do not want to react (if you read this book, you know what I am talking about).
Gathered Pleat Front Tee
Part of my M.O. is finding fashion that is comfortable and will not stress me out; we all know what I am talking about. If I am wearing heels that KILL me or jeans that SQUEEZE me, I am going to feel restricted and not myself. Finding comfortable and fashionable clothing is what I am all about, and this top is no exception. This white top is affordable, soft, and trendy at the same time. It is not your traditional plain white T but can go from casual to dressed up with some pants and heels in a moment. In fact, I can even wear it around town with shorts and sandals just as easily and STILL get compliments on this.
Best of all, it is still available in many colors even after the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shop the post below to style it the way you want to!
If you saw my last Instagram post, you will know that I’ve had sort of a draining week. And, because I work from home (an environment I normally thrive in), this means I have to keep my week as productive as possible. I decided to do my research, ask everyone, and compile a list of things that will help me, and hopefully, help you in the future.
Just THREE days left of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I LOVE decorating and wished I had gone to interior design school. Here I am, though, where I rounded up my home shopping guide. I made it short – with just my few favorites. Take a look at what I would get!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Home Shopping Guide
- Diffuser: I am in serious need of a diffuser for my apartment. I have yet to try one, but I love how they make places smell. This one is cool and modern looking, much like a lot of my apartment (it’s kind of modern/with mid century twists). It is priced below $40, so I believe this stylish diffuser is definitely a deal.
- Simpatico Candle: I hear this candle lasts such a long time and smells great! Definitely, one to try.
- Fluffy Pillow: This is definitely a stylish and affordable add-on to the home section. Anything fluffy feels great!
- Throw blanket: I love Nordstrom throw blankets – I have had mine for years. This one can go with anything and it comes in any color. Being priced at $25.90, this one is a bargain.
- Rug: The rug, I believe, ties in with everything. I love these antique looking rugs I have been seeing everywhere. I definitely need it as an addition to my home too!
- Comforter: I would be getting this if it wasn’t for the fact I just bought a new one. This adds so much color and vibrancy to a bedroom. It is one of the top picks on the Nordstrom Sale’s page.
Check these items by hovering in the photo above or selecting from the list below to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
Just about ONE WEEK to go with the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, AKA my favorite time of the year! I came up with a list of my top picks for everyone to use as a shopping guide. Everything in this can come together to make the most kick-@$$ outfits you will wear this fall.
My Top Ten Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Women’s Picks
- First up, this top is effortlessly chic while still being casual, which makes it a win in my book. I am in absolute awe of this one. It is one of those pieces that can go from normal, every day to night time in no time. Pair it with either pair of denim and a cardigan over it, and you have yourself a fall staple outfit. Also, those Sam Edelman boots kick it up a notch to make it one sexy outfit.
- This convertible Rebecca Minkoff is enough said. This bag is #goals. I can just imagine stuffing way more than I will ever need in this bag, and it lasts for decades because it is timeless and perfect.
- This cardigan is called the “cozy-chic” cardigan for a reason. Another great reason to buy it. I will probably live in this cardigan for the rest of my life #thankyouverymuch. The blue color is perfect too because pretty much 80% of things I wear on a day-to-day basis are blue.
- I’ll be ordering these booties in every color. They are so affordable and look so comfortable that you can wear them pretty much every day and not get sick of them. This is good because they are well worth every penny.
- These jeans are much like my wine colored Kut From the Kloth jeans, and also very affordable as well. I will be ordering these because I am due for a new pair of chic blue jeans, and if they are as comfortable as these ones, then sign me up!
- I added this wool coat because I am in the market for a camel color coat that can be dressed up and down. And also, this one comes in petite, which is a score, because I almost always end up in petite-size coats. It is not easy finding one for me, so I am so thankful it is available in petite.
- Ummm, how sexy are these boots? I already have a pair of Sam Edelman boots, but I’m needing a black pair and something tells me these are going to be a show-stopper. They are also less than $160 which makes them pretty much amazing in my book. Hopefully, you will be seeing me in these very, VERY shortly.
- I have seen pretty much everyone in this sweater with the ribbon, and I still want it bad. I am a sucker for ribbons, and pretty much live in my sweaters in the winter, so I know I will make good use out of this one. Sign me up!
- Kendra Scott is just so iconic, and I know I will be wearing this inexpensive necklace with pretty much everything. You really cannot beat that price tag, either!
- I have been DYING to pick up a pair of boot cut jeans for a while now. Especially since they are coming back, I am on board with the trend. Not gonna lie, I am kind of over skinny jeans. Boot cut is definitely more flattering!
Shop The Looks
Well, there you have it. This should be your ultimate shopping guide for the rest of the sale. I am hoping soon they will restock some of the other ones I have been wearing, but for now, I hope this settles your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale cravings. I know it settles mine!